How to create an online presence from scratch? If your business need or not a website is not a question anymore. We all know that you do need a website. The question is now how complex your website will be.
I find that every time I meet with a new client, the perception of the work involved on a new website is not quite right.
If my job is easier for a new website than for an old one that needs a new template, the opposite is right for my client: a new website requires way more work from you than from me!
This is a basic to-do list if you want to create an online presence from scratch:
1. Logo and any other graphics you need – if you already have a logo, I will need the high resolution version of it, in colour, black and white, vertical and horizontal. EPS is the ideal format, preferably without background.
2. Content (text) – text for all the pages you want to start. My suggestion is to start small, About Us, Contact, Services you offer or event you want to showcase – this will be different for each client, of course. Don’t go over the board knowing that your website will grow with you.
3. Content (images) – we need a handful, maybe two handfuls of very good, high resolution, professional pictures that you have the right to use. This is very very important!
4. A list of the features you want your website to have. Forms? Member area? Forum? Payment online? Donation button? Anything you can think of.
5. Your expected timeline – when you will give me the content outlined above? Be realistic and make sure you follow the deadlines if you want me to follow mine.
6. On top of it all, a domain name and a hosting account – both I can help you with.
My job can only be completed when I get the list above in my hands. My job will take something around 10 hours, if I nail your vision. If not, it can take more than the double… but unlikely to.
If you want to know more about my process and have a free estimate for your new site, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to help you having a professional online presence!